This is how I first heart the infectious “Get Lucky” last year! It was love at first hearing.
This is the live Remix/Mashup that Pharrell, Nile Rogers, Daft Punk and Stevie Wonder performed at the Grammy Awards last night. Everyone was on their feet including me in front of my tv (LOL). This was no doubt the best performance of the night — hands down! I only wish it could have been longer.
You can see the talent Pharrell has to produce by watching him carefully during this performance. Stevie was getting off! (LOL)
This is the song of last summer, also produced by Pharrell Williams. I think if was universally loved so it was very unfortunate that Robin Thicke got shut out of any Grammy Awards last night. I am sure he has a long career ahead of him and will eventually be able to add a Grammy to his shelf in the future.
Here is the other rendition of “Blurred Lines” that I love. Enjoy.
Last night the following Grammy’s were won that all had a Pharrell connection:
- Best Pop Duo/Group Performance: “Get Lucky,” Daft Punk ft. Pharrell Williams and Nile Rodgers
- Record of the Year: “Get Lucky,” Daft Punk ft. Pharrell Williams
- Album of the Year: Random Access Memories, Daft Punk
- Best Dance/Electronica Album: Random Access Memories, Daft Punk
- Producer of the Year, Non-Classical: Pharrell Williams
Again my congratulations. These awards were well deserved. I will keep my fingers crossed that Pharrell also wins the Oscar for his fantastic contribution to the “Despicable Me 2″ Soundtrack — “Happy!” A win in this category would be most deserved IMHO.