Tom Jones to release 1st album in US in 15 years

September 17, 2008

By JAKE COYLE, AP Entertainment Writer
Tue Sep 16, 6:14 PM ET

NEW YORK – After 15 years without a new album in the U.S., Tom Jones will release a disc of almost entirely original material this fall.

The 68-year-old singer will release “24 Hours” on Nov. 25 on S-Curve Records. It’s a retro-tinged album much in the style of Amy Winehouse‘s “Back to Black” that finds the Welshman’s voice as strong as ever.

“The fire is still in me,” Jones told The Associated Press in a recent interview, speaking by phone from his home in Los Angeles. “Not to be an oldie, but a goodie. I want to be a contender.”

Article continues at here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Filed under:In the News

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

legbamel (3 comments) September 18, 2008 at 8:36 am

I’m a sucker for a horn section and I love a retro swing sound, so I’m curious about this one. I hope it’s better than his cheesy “Stoned in Love” that autoplays on his website. That pap I can get anywhere.

jazzfan360 (14 comments) October 14, 2008 at 8:22 pm

EXCELLENT. It is a real shame Reload never got a U.S. release because it was so solid and “Sex Bomb” (the brassy original, not the club mix) is one of the greatest jams of the last decade.

sondan (89 comments) October 15, 2008 at 1:37 pm

legbamel,

I too am looking forward to this release.I hope Tom has some good folks producing for him this time around. His voice deserves the best.

jazzfan360,

I never heard anything from “Reload”. Can I get it from Amazon UK as an import? Is it worth the investment? Any cuts online that I can give a listen to before purchase? Let me know please when you have time kind sir.

SonDan

sondan (89 comments) December 3, 2008 at 8:35 pm

Tom Jones is going to be on Jay Leno’s Tonight Show tonight (WED 12/3/08) He should be singing something from the new CD to promote it! Can’t wait to hear.

Chloe Butcher (2 comments) February 14, 2010 at 6:29 pm

…..and he is going to release another one this year!

SonDan (89 comments) February 22, 2010 at 9:17 pm

Thanks for the heads up Chloe! And welcome to EOINA.